5x Cult Beauty Destinations in NYC
One of my favorite things to explore in any city is the cult beauty destinations. You know the spots: those gem-like boutiques and hidden spas where you can grab unusual product and gifts, or relax after hoofing it around.
Here are 5x my current favorite destinations in NYC:
1. Salon De Shyou - Go here to snatch up impossible-to-find cult products like P50 Balancing Toner. I can’t vouch for the facials, but take your goodies and head back to the hotel to do your own! 120 Thompson St. at Prince.
2. Valley Nails - Get your nails done - overdone - megadone - with some of the best nail art in NYC (gallery here), all while surrounded by vintage clothes in the chillest shop on the block. 198 Elizabeth St. between Prince + Spring
3. Fragrance Shop NY - This is not only a great oddity (you have to see it for yourself), but a great activity if you’re with a couple friends. Stop in to create your own fragrance or aromatherapy products in a totally unpretentious environment, and actually be able to afford them at the end! 65 E. 4th Street at Bowery
4. 32nd and Broadway - The Face Shop + Juvenex Spa - This single block of is home to an excellent stretch of finds. The Face Shop is chock full of Asian brands you won’t find anywhere else, there are book + stationery shops for cute items, and of course Juvenex Spa. If you’ve heard about these midtown spas and felt slightly afraid, I feel you, but fear not - this is a super clean, relaxing place. Let’s not forget the fun part though - it’s open 24 hours. Bring your friends late night, after Korean BBQ. 35 West 32nd (The Face Shop) and 25 West 32nd (Juvenex), between Broadway and 5th.
5. Alcone - Go where the pros go to pick up all those neat (literally, figuratively) I-do-this-for-a-living makeup artist things like a giant tub of makeup remover cloths. 322 W. 49th between 8th + 9th
What are your favorite beauty destinations in *your* city? I’d love to know!
With High Yield Free Checking from Capital One Bank, you can earn Interest 5X the national average, guaranteed for a year, and have access to free ATMs anywhere. Learn More about HYFC and where you can open in NYC. Click here to learn more.
Compensation was provided by Capital One via Glam Media. The opinions expressed herein are those of the author and are not indicative of the opinions or positions of Capital One.