Have you received enough EVERYTHING
AND YOUR MOTHER IS 25% OFF emails to (ironically) max out your credit card yet? Yes, me too.
Hence why a #Drugstory feels so right, about now. (And, who says #Drugstory gifting isn’t allowed?)
1. Olay Fresh Effects (Shine, Shine Go Away!) Shine Minimizing Cleanser is kind of the mother product in this new line by Olay. There is also a BB Cream and Satin Lotion, Hats off to the packaging, formulas, and over all feel of this new drug store knock out. I love it all. Can’t wait to see the next new additions… ($5.09)
2. Revlon Nail Art Moon Candy Enamel I saw these in a magazine while flying south for Thanksgiving and did the drug-store-stroll soon after. So fun. And since it’s December, I am thoroughly enjoying blinged out nails at all times. ($5.70)
3. Nivea Lip Butter Caramel Cream Kiss Nivea me please, all winter long. This new lip butter in caramel cream kiss (cute cute) is irresistibly yummy. ($2.99)
4. Cover Girl Ink It! Eye Liner Bought this in gold because I was inspired by the Hunger Games.. (kidding, kind of) and it really surpassed my expectations. It is a beautiful metallic and doesn’t smudge, at all. Highly recommend this for festive holiday get togethers. ($6.99)
5. EVERY MAN JACK face wash I’ve never seen this mens line before but had to snag this face wash because it looked so high end man trendy, and it smells like cold peppermint. Mmm. I will be passing this along for a guy to try, and then maybe I’ll steal it back. ($6.00)
6. Pocket Size Kleenex Tis’ the season for tissues. ($2.99 for 8)
Your basket total: $29.97 !
(Get it quick and it’s 25% off!!! Just kidding.)
Olay Fresh Effects c/o the brand, the rest courtesy of my purchasing habits, Image via
Don’t be fooled by the small size of the tubes - MINI LIP TAR pigments are powerful.
A tiny portion of this tinted tar goes a long way on your lips. Obsessive Compulsive Cosmetics is not kidding when they say “HIGH IMPACT COLOR" …
These lip tars are somewhat of a combination of a lip stick, lip gloss, and a lip stain - lip stick because of the complete full coverage color; lip gloss because of the glossy finish; lip stain because once you apply the color it sticks around until you decide to take it off.
Just try them once and you will quickly understand their amazing tri-lip-product powers. However, for best usage, I recommend 3 things.
1. Prep lips with lip liner to avoid feathering
2. Apply tar with small application brush
3. Blot, blot and blot
A brush is included in the Sephora Holiday Exclusive Gift Set shown above, making it an excellent stocking stuffer.
These small tars might have inspired Ann and myself to look incredibly bold today … maybe you saw if you follow us on Instagram!
Does This: Sticks, glosses, and stains your lips
Is This: Obsessive Compulsive Lip Tar All-Star Mini Sephora Holiday Exclusive Gift Set
Get This: Sephora
Price: $20 (Valued at $34)
Product c/o the brand, Image via Style Saint
It’d be cool if when our faces froze off in the NYC wind, our eyebrows grew pink glitter crystals and our cheeks turned a robin’s egg blue, but alas, we just feel crackly and look dusty. But that’s why we stockpile Aquaphor! The cultest of affordable, multi-use balms.
… And also why we are giving away a stockpile to you, dear chilly friends, plus some COLD hard cash (in gift card form), in this Aquaphor Cold Weather Skin Prep #Giveaway!
A few of the ways we use this stuff include:
Overnight hand treatment | Heel balm | Lip balm | Eye gloss | Scaly leg mender | You get the gist
This Aquaphor Cold Weather Skin Prep Goodie Bag contains one 14oz jar of Aquaphor Healing Ointment, one 3.5oz jar of Aquaphor Healing Ointment, two 7.5oz tubes of Aquaphor Healing Ointment and OH YEAH A $50 VISA GIFT CARD! A total value of $83.48, you can have Aquaphor hidden in the nooks and crannies of your winter life fo’ free. All you have to do is follow the simple steps below to enter.
1. Do ONE of the following — follow Cult of Pretty on Bloglovin’ OR follow Cult of Pretty from your Tumblr account OR subscribe via email.
2. Leave a DISQUIS comment below [click through if you are reading this post in your Tumblr feed] and tell me your must-have-to-survive-winter item. (I have 5 hats that I rotate through including one in neon green. I will not leave without one on my head..) NOTE: Please don’t comment in the ‘Ask Me Anything’ or ‘Fan Note’ area of Tumblr. If you do we will not see your comment and not be able to enter you into the contest! — Please everyone click through and leave a comment on Cult of Pretty itself.
3. You must be 18 or older to enter. If you happen to be under the legal age of 18 you can have someone else enter for you. Just remember that the product will be sent to their attention.
4. This giveaway is for US Residents only - unfortunately we are unable to ship outside of the USA. Sorry!
Contest ends next Friday December 6th at 11:59PM. NOTE: If you subscribe or follow to enter, you must still be subscribed or following at the time of the drawing to win. Multiple comments do not increase your chances of winning.
Products c/o the brand Image: Vogue Japan
-Kristin & Ann
Maybe you’ve already seen these Maybelline Color Elixir gems, but if you haven’t you can follow along with the cult magic that is this brilliant packaging, which looks like a lipstick BUT …
… is actually a super lustrous, creamy lip gloss. As a product development person I love the fact that the packaging really tells the story of the product: here is a thing that looks like a lipstick, with the heavier color payoff you’d expect, but it’s really a gloss.
These shades have the two qualities I look for in a
man lip color: rich and forgiving … (from left: Signature Scarlet, Amethyst Potion, Hibiscus Haven) …
… and they have a pointed applicator which I LOVE because when you’re applying a more pigmented gloss, you really have to do a nice outline first. They’re very buildable too - I played with Scarlet to go from sheer red to blood-curdling, totally normal, some vampires sent me this grill, what can I tell you … but we digress. Get some!
Does This: Super plush, rich gloss colors in the coolest packaging
Is This: Maybelline Color Elixir
Get This: Above, or at your local drugstore, Target, Wal-mart etc!
Products c/o Maybelline & Refinery 29. This sponsored post reflects my own opinion of the product. Fangs were a gift from @vaofficialmovie, unrelated to the sponsorship! (But fun!)
Let’s embark on another issue of For Him and Then You Steal It . Here we have, from cult fragrance house MCMC, something for the #1 dude in your life (
yourself) for the holidays ->
MCMC fragrances debuted a wildly popular beard oil in 2010. Everyone went nutso over the scent - girlfriends included. Because of this pansexual love, they went ahead and made a full-fledged fragrance, DUDE No.1 All-Natural Cologne, for men AND women.
Developed in the heart of Brooklyn NY, this fragrance is unique in that it’s 100% all natural botanical, hence the deep yellow color. It is a blend of three woods - Virgina cedarwood, creamy sandalwood, and smoky Haitian vetivier - with accents of spicy ginger and pink peppercorn.
This scent brings us to the depths of a forest - it is very woody, green and raw. Hey MCMC, hint hint, a candle of this fragrance during these winter-esque months might need to come to light (harhar) in 2014.
Does This: Makes guys and/or girls smell delicious and woody
Is This: MCMC DUDE No. 1 All Natural Cologne
Get This: MCMCfragrances.com
Price: $75 for 1 oz
Product c/o the brand, Image via
- Kristin & Ann
Shout out to the baddest cats in town, the new kids on the block, the cult classics upon birth -»
I am in love. This new, cutting edge collection of makeup is already a cult brand in our eyes. Kristin had the privilege of sitting down to learn about it with the creators and make up artist James Vincent. They gave her the breakdown on ‘how to wear' + 'how it’s made’.
1. Everything is created to have a long wear - a punk cannot have their eyeliner run during a show, nor can a marketing gal running in between meetings.
2. This line was in development for years in order to perfect the formulas - and it shows - the colors and quality are some of the best we’ve seen.
3. Don’t be intimated by the rocker-eqsue vibes, this line is surprisingly user-friendly, so if you’re rocking out in pajamas in your bathroom with nary a You Tube tutorial in sight, you’ll be fine.
A few things that deserve a shout out:
1. Punker Worlds Baddest Eyeliner - Kristin uses this fatty marker everyday. It has the capability of outlining a (serious) cat eye, or discretely filling in your lash line. This Eyes Like Fire Shadow Paint is insane as well. Actually the entire Punker Smokey Eye Set is worth it.
2. MODSTER Super Charged Lip Color - Dark blue, hot pink, and orange.. not your every day lip flavors - all of which are created with a blend of different undertones so that they blend with any skin color. Yes even the orange, Kristin as witness.
3. AMERICANA Custom Coverage Concentrate - I am personally in love with this product. 4 products in 1. I love a super concentrated formula for blemish coverage, but I love a very, very light foundation coverage, so I blend with my favorite moisturizer of the week. This is also amazing as an undereye concealer.
Explore the entire line here: http://www.ardencyinn.com/estore
Products c/o the brand, Image: Rabat Magazine
- Kristin & Ann
Make punk with pins
Image: Fashion Gone Rogue